Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ultra Scientific Comparison of Formula

Unfortunately, with each of my boys, I have had to move to formula around 10-11 months.  My milk supply drops so low once they start eating table food that they are not interested in nursing anymore.
I don't have a moral issue with formula.  It is more of a cheapskate issue.  I hate buying it - it is expensive.  
Josiah has one more month on the stuff before he can switch over to regular milk, so I have been buying different brands depending on whatever is cheapest or what I have coupons for.  "They" say they are nutritionally the same.   Maybe so, but below is a picture of a bottle of Similac and a bottle of Parent's Choice.


Can you tell a difference between the two?

Parent's Choice is on the left - the nasty streaks coat the inside of the bottle as soon as you mix it.  I'm not sure why that bothers me so much.  I think I imagine the inside of the baby's mouth or stomach getting coated with that.  Now that I know the difference, I am forking over the extra bucks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment