Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bedtime for Joel

Every night before I leave Joel 's room I tell him that I will answer one question. For the last 100 nights or so Joel has asked me the same question: "What are you going to do after I go to sleep?" This should give you a hint to his personality with just this one story. Going to sleep is the worst when you can't stand to miss a single thing.

Tonight I said, " Joel, I always answer the same thing every night, When are you going to ask me a new question?"
Joel said, "Dad someday when we go to God's, I will ask a new question, but while we are still in this house I will ask you that question."

I will leave it to you all you philosophical thinkers to explore the psychological and theological depths of this answer...I will only say that it looks like I could be answering this question a lot longer then I thought. Apparently, we either have to move or die before I get a new question.

No comments:

Post a Comment