Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hayes Pharmacy

Between Josiah, Caleb, and me, we have created our own little pharmacy - humidifiers, thermometer, Vicks on the feet, kleenex galore, saline drops, sore throat lozenges, glasses, 2 different kinds of antibiotics, ibuprofen, and tylenol.  It has been exhausting just trying to keep up with it all!
 

It all started last Monday after getting back from St. Louis.  Josiah started running a high fever around lunchtime.  It lasted for 72 hours and then disappeared with no other apparent symptoms.  Then on Friday afternoon, my eyes started bothering me.  Then my throat started hurting.  Then Caleb started running a high fever.  By Monday, I visited my doctor for pink eye and started on antibiotics.  On Tuesday, I took Caleb in because he was still running a fever.  He tested negative for strep so they sent us home.  After 2 more days of high fever and chills, I took him in this morning.  When nothing else seemed to pan out, they tested his blood levels and his WBC count and some other ratio (that I can't remember) were high indicating a bacterial infection, so now he is on an antibiotic.  If his fever is not gone by Saturday, we will go in for some more testing. Whew!  I am one tired momma.  
Caleb has been so sweet over this long week.  He is a little more sensitive, but he seems happy as long as his fever is below 101.  He tells me how "happy" Popsicles make him and how much he loves me.  I couldn't ask for a better patient.
I hate being sick but even worse, I hate when my boys are sick.  I try not to worry, but I do.  I pray constantly - for healing and that my imagination doesn't get the best of me.  We are great at imagining the worst, right?  God has to constantly remind me that He loves my sweet boys more than I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment