Monday, March 4, 2013

Grandma on the Stairs

My "Grandma on the Stairs" passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, February 20th.  She has not lived in the house with stairs for at least 15 years, but her name never changed for my sister and me.  It was how we differentiated between our two "Grandmas" - Grandma on the Stairs and Grandma on the Farm.
We played for hours on those stairs.  Climbing up and sliding down on our bellies.  I remember playing the organ at her house.   Spending the night with her and waking up to her creepy cat staring at me. Eating lots of pb&js and visiting the playground daily with her when she would stay with us while my parents were out of town.
Grandma had a passion for education, reading, and history.  She never quit learning.  She loved genealogy and always wanted us to know our ancestors and their stories.
Even in her later years, Grandma still remembered our birthdays and sent us gifts for holidays.  She was very generous and thoughtful. . . even if some of her gifts were quite odd.  :)
I am thankful that my older boys had a chance to meet her and spend a bit of time with her.  She was kind enough to let them "play doctor" on her.




 
    She will be missed.  Love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment