Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Joel's First Day of Pre-K

. . . . And second day.  Joel started Pre-K on Monday this week.  I only captured one picture of him on his first day.  Right after I took this picture. . . .


we ran into one of my friends dropping off her daughter.  I had to go re-park the car, and Joel wanted to walk with her to his class.  I was planning to meet them, but he apparently told my friend "bye" and headed off to his class.  By the time I caught up with him, he was already singing songs with the rest of the class.  I actually was a little sad.  He is so grown up and excited about school that  he didn't even need to tell me goodbye!

Today, I made sure to capture a picture of him in front of his class.  


He has the same teacher as last year so that is really nice.  He already has a friend named "Caleb" who is 4, "not 3 like our Caleb".  I have not investigated to see if Joel's memory is correct. . . last year it took him a month before he could actually remember any of his friend's names :)
Joel loves going to school, and I think this year will be a lot more challenging academically.  It is so fun to see all the stuff he is learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment