Thursday, August 4, 2011

Imagination is a Gift

I am so thankful our boys have been the gift of imagination.  Joel has always been very imaginative, and I believe he taught Caleb how to do the same.  They have entire conversations by themselves.  With all different voices.  Deep "bad guy" voice, high "mommy" voices, "baby" voices, and even "big boy" voices.  It cracks Tim and I up listening to them.  
Lately, the boys have been playing firemen.  They put out fires all over the house and have come up with fireman gear.  Seriously, I did not help them with this.  Here is Caleb modeling his gear - hat for a helmet, plastic bowl for a mask, my oven mitts for gloves, and rain boots for their fireman boots.  


I have been designated the fire house cook since I make all their meals.  I also am in charge of taking care of baby "Sam" (Josiah) who is a future fire fighter.  Once in a while I am invited to help put out the fires.  :) 
Imagination is truly a gift.  Those people who do this well come up with so many new inventions and are able to see possibilities in things that the rest of us can't.  I can't wait to see how they use this gift in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment