Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter in Dallas

We went to Dallas for the weekend to celebrate Easter with my family. Jess, Charlie, and their 4 kiddos joined us at my parent's house. It is quite an adventure squeezing us all into their 3 bedroom house (thankfully there is a study as well). We do this several times a years, so I should explain how this works. All of the older kids sleep in toddler cots/beds and a blow-up bed on the floor in my parent's room. I can't imagine how or why my parent's insist doing it this way....they say it is actually fun :) We put Josiah in the study and Elizabeth (my sister's youngest) sleeps in their room for now. Without any kiddos in our room, my parents kindly allow Tim and I to sleep in while we are there. Thank you mom and dad!
Anyways....we drove in late Thursday night after Tim got off work. Josiah screamed 5 out of the 8 hour drive. It will be so nice when he can turn around and watch a movie with his brothers.


My sister's family came in on Friday. Our kids love seeing their cousins.




On Saturday morning, the kids dyed some Easter eggs and my dad went through the Resurrection eggs with the older kids.




We took some family pictures at a park before heading home for some much needed naps.
The naps were followed by snack time that correlated with the Resurrection story.  The kids were fascinated and really seemed to listen to my dad as he told them the true meaning of Easter.  I am so thankful to have parents that make sure the holidays are meaningful and fun.




The day ended with an Easter egg hung in my parents front yard and swimming in the pool.  



Sound busy?  Yes!  But the kids had a lot of fun and slept great that night.  We girls spent the rest of the evening watching a storm come through and talking while the guys played video games.   The drive back to KC on Sunday was much quieter all around.  Thank you Jesus for giving us a reason to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment