Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Caleb at 2 1/2

Caleb is our sensitive little guy. He likes to snuggle, read books, and is a whiz at puzzles. He has a very long attention span for his age, so he will sit still and learn his letters, colors, shapes, and numbers. He loves to play by himself and has a great imagination (something Joel taught him well).
In the past few months, his vocabulary has increased tenfold! He took a long time to start talking, but now he is already caught up to the norm for his age. We are still working on his pronunciation of certain letters, but I love to hear his sweet little voice.
With his increased confidence in speaking, he has been standing up to Joel more. He tells Joel "I just need a break" when he is tired of being bossed around. It cracks me up! They really do love to play together a lot and whenever they are having a day of fighting, I just make them play alone for 10 minutes. They can't stand it and are begging to play together again after that. :)
I don't know where Caleb learned this, but yesterday he hugged Josiah and told me "We are best friends". He loves his brothers dearly.
In the past few months, he has potty-trained and learned how to pedal a bike. This has helped our walks around the block go a lot quicker. He has also been working on taking a shower by himself and getting dressed by himself. He, of course, prefers mom to help him but thankfully dad is a little more resilient to those big blue eyes.
Caleb still takes a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon while Joel has "alone time". This has been a huge help to my sanity! :) Since he naps, he gets to stay up a little later than Joel every evening. Tim and I really enjoy this play time with Caleb, and I think it helps keep him from getting lost in the middle.
I am so thankful for you, Caleb, and I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment