Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is fall really here?

What a beautiful weekend we had! The weather was amazing - it feels like fall and we are still in August. Every year I am surprised by the changing seasons (my brain still feels like it is stuck in the hot/hotter seasons of Texas).
On Friday night, we took the kids to Chick-fil-a. I must say, it is is the best family friendly fast food place. Good food, clean restaurants (and bathrooms), great service. They even put little disposable placemats and hand sanitizers on every high chair. Ok, enough raving about it....Tim says I should get paid for my advertising :) Tim worked on Saturday morning, but then we got to hang out with some good friends for a couple of hours before heading to his parents to celebrate his mom's birthday. We hired a babysitter for the evening, and it was really nice spending time with his family without being in my "mom" mode. Today we went to church, took naps, and then went hiking. Then a friend brought over a bunch of "hand-me-downs" for Joel. What a blessing!
It is times like these that make me really sad about moving. I know, we will only be gone for 5 months, but I don't want to miss a thing here. After much praying and talking the past couple of weeks, we went back to our original plan. Which is really not much of a plan :) All we really feel confident about it going to the GFM school in Atlanta. We both feel like we are to wait on God's direction from there. We are still planning on moving closer to downtown after we return, but we are not sure where exactly and what we will be doing. I hate the unknown, but it is much better than making plans when we are not exactly sure if God is behind them. Please continue praying for us as we make decisions for our move - our house situation (finding a renter/housesitter), finances, and direction. Please keep Tim's mom in your prayers as well. She is half-way through her chemo treatments (4 left) but each treatment seems to be taking a higher toll on her body. Pray for health, healing, and continued faith in His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment