Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Successful Nap (at least Joel thinks so)

I read Joel a few books and then put him in his room to take a nap as usual today. It was pretty quiet, and Caleb soon went down for a nap as well so I decided to go outside and get some yardwork done. I peeked in every 15 minutes or so to check on the boys and didn't hear any screaming or loud bumps so I assumed they were peacefully sleeping. After mowing the lawn, edging, and pulling weeds, I came inside and decided it was time to "wake" Joel up. As you can see, his naptime was very productive. Not in a sleeping sense....please notice the naked boy with diaper on the floor (he soon informed me that it was wet), the bed rail has been attacked, sheets are off the bed, his shirt....well, I am not sure what is going on there! What you can't see are his clothes, books, and blankie that are tucked neatly between the wall and the bed. He was in a very chipper mood while telling me all about his activities while I was gone. I remained very serious and did some "mom chastising" on the outside, but my insides were laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment