Monday, January 18, 2010

Refreshed and Ready

We have now officially begun our 3rd week in Atlanta. Internet is up, and I am feeling much more connected. The beginning of last week was pretty rough. My poor mom was probably ready to fly here and take me back with her. She tends to be the one I run (call) to in tears, and that happened almost daily last week. I know that many of you have been praying for us, and it worked! One evening last week, I finally told Tim how desperate I felt, and we are finally on the same page. I don't know why I waited so long. Pride, I guess. I wanted to be the "strong" wife. I'm not promising that my tears are over, but I am feeling much more at peace.
The boys started preschool last week and loved it! Joel has already tried some new things (ate his first potato ever) and learning how to follow lines. They have weekly chapel time and music time along with other fun activities. Having them in preschool 2 mornings a week allows me to join Tim in him classes. One afternoon a week, I am volunteering at an internet cafe in Clarkston helping refugees create resumes. I am also trying to volunteer one morning a week in an ESL class for refugee mothers and their children.
Tim is planning to work with a couple of international students and volunteer at an after school tutoring program in Clarkston. As a family, we are in the process of trying to adopt a refugee family. Our biggest ministry will probably be close to home, though. We have become friends with a Hispanic family in our building. They keep giving us toys to take home and then we take them back a few days later. I have learned that this is a great way to keep people around that you want to hang out with. :) I'll be trying it out when we get back! The husband speaks some English, but the wife does not speak one word of English so I have yet to actually communicate with her directly.
This past weekend, we went to Nashville to visit Tim's brother, his wife, Tim's sister, her husband, and their new baby. It was so refreshing to spend time with them and hold a sleeping newborn. We are so blessed that all of our immediate family member's share our faith. It makes our time together so special.
Praises:
- Time with family in Nashville!
- Every single one of my prayer requests from last week was answered!
- Boys' preschool is working out so well for both them and us!
- Internet is up!
Prayer Requests:
- Roaches and bugs continue to be a nagging problem. Seems small but it is a constant irritation.
- That we would have joy no matter the situation.
- We continue to build friendships with our neighbors and those in our complex.
- That we will be wise with our finances and live off what have been blessed with.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all! You're doing a great thing. May God continue to provide for you every step of the way...I know He will.

    ReplyDelete