Friday, June 12, 2009

St Louis

This past week we went to St Louis for Tim's work conference. It was my first time to join him and the first time to stay in a hotel room with the kids. Of course, we were not totally roughing it - we were blessed with 2 rooms and my mom joined us from Dallas to help me out. Traveling with little ones is always an experience, though, and I have had to adjust my definition of "vacation". In fact, I am not quite sure why that word is still used when you have children along. Maybe it is only viewed from the child's perspective - staying up late, eating lots of junk food, days filled with fun. Although I enjoy watching my children have fun, I have to say that I am way more exhausted when I get back than when I left in the first place.

St Louis ended up being a great place to take Joel. On the first day, we went to the Magic House. It was awesome - Joel was actually entertained the ENTIRE time (without fussing) and we could have stayed much longer than we had time to. I highly recommend it to anyone who is going to St Louis with kiddos. The next day we went to the zoo. Joel hardly noticed the animals, but we did have a great time riding the train and carousel several times. Little Caleb was his usual sweet self during both excursions. All in all, the trip went much better than I expected and it gave me confidence to travel with my boys once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment