Sunday, February 24, 2013

When a Texas Girl Sees Snow

I have really enjoyed all the snow we got last week.  And I really don't know why everyone always complains about it.  It is beautiful!  Everything looks so clean and it sparkles in the sunlight.  
We have been perfecting our bundling up routine, and I can now send them all out dressed and ready within 10 minutes (it used to take half an hour!).  I made wrist-savers out of socks.  They are like the finger-less mittens but much cheaper.  They protect the boys wrists.  You know, the area between where the jacket ends and the gloves meet?  There is intense pain when snow touches that area and it can be measured by the shrill screams of my boys.  We also dump everything into the dryer as soon as they come in so that everything is dry for the next outing.  I am quite pleased with the progress I have made in mothering skills.  So onto the cute pictures of the boys playing...

Tim "playing" . . . .or just shoveling the driveway.

Caleb increased his pain threshold to the cold over the past few days
from 20 minutes to 1 hour.  Gotta toughen these boys up!


Our entry stairs make the best sledding hill.  Steep, bumpy, and fast!
And yes, I have been down it too. :)



One of the first failed attempts at an igloo.


Eating snow.
I'm not sure how many times I've said, "Don't eat brown, yellow, or snow on the street."


I love his one ear poking out


Josiah couldn't understand why his truck was not moving
 very fast. . .and why we wouldn't let him ride his bike.



Success!  With Daddy's help, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment