Sunday, February 12, 2012

Songs for Jesus

Caleb seems to be transitioning out of naps.  He still goes back and forth (I think it depends on how early Joel wakes him up in the morning), but for the last 3 days he hasn't napped.  I still have him lie down for "alone time" which he actually seems to enjoy.  Today when I went in to get him up, here is our dialogue:
Me:  No nap today?
Caleb:  We have been singing songs.
Me:  Who was singing?
Caleb:  Me and Bear. (his bear from Build-a-Bear)
Me:  Can I hear your songs?
Caleb:  No.  They are different songs.  (Whispering) It's a secret.  Songs for Jesus.
Me:  That is special.  I think Jesus loves your songs.
Caleb:  Yep!

That made my heart melt!  I may have to sneak up there and listen to one of his songs soon . . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment