Monday, January 23, 2012

2 Dates in One Week?

After way too many months passing by without having a date with Tim, we were spoiled with TWO last week! On Monday night, Tom gave us tickets to the Baylor/KU game, and he and Karen offered to babysit!  How can anyone pass up a deal like that??
We haven't been to a Baylor game since . . . . well, since we graduated 10 years ago.  We had great seats and even though I was greatly out-numbered, I sported my green and gold.  Tim ended up wearing a Baylor sweatshirt with a KU t-shirt underneath (I stole his BU t-shirt since none of mine fit right now :) )  It was so hot that he ended up in the t-shirt, and I was left to defend our Alma Mater on my own.  Baylor lost, but we had a great time anyways.


Then on Saturday night, we went to eat at the Melting Pot with some friends we don't get to see very often. (Thanks Phil and Orah for babysitting!)  We have entered that stage in life where it is getting very difficult to get our friends and all our small children together very often.  Coordinating naptimes, bedtimes, food, too many small kids in one place . . . it is no small feat.  I digress.  Back to the Melting Pot - we splurged and got the 4 course dinner.  It was so delicious, and it took us THREE hours to eat.  What a nice change from the eat fast before someone else needs something meals we have at home :)  My date was handsome and captivating, adult conversation was invigorating, and the food was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment