Friday, June 10, 2011

Weekend Date

This is a bit overdue and out of order, but better late than never!  My parents kept all 3 boys for us while Tim and I spent a weekend alone over Memorial Day.  We have had a night here and there without the kiddos, but never 2 whole nights. It makes a difference - having an entire day smushed between TWO full nights of sleep without interruptions.  :)

The kids had a blast and were well taken care of.    They went on walks, played in the water, went out to eat, were spoiled rotten...




After the long drive to Dallas and getting the kids settled in at my parent's, we stayed our first night at a hotel in Dallas.  Wow - a FULL night of sleep without anyone tapping me on the arm to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  :)  Tim and I feel very spoiled when we stay at hotels - watching movies in bed is quite a luxury.  We hardly watch any TV at home (and it is down in the basement), so we take advantage of it when we can.  
Anyways, the next morning we headed out to Lake Granbury.  We stayed in a beautiful bed and breakfast on the lake.  We walked to town to eat, jet skied, swam, and spent a lot of time just out on the swing or our porch looking over the lake and talking.  We kind of felt like lazy, old people but it was a nice change of pace :)



We also made a trip to Dinosaur Valley State Park and did a little hiking.  Whew!  I forgot how hot it could be in Texas!  We took the below pics for the kids.....



I am so thankful we had this time away together.  It was restful and nice to have uninterrupted conversations.  It made me appreciate my husband and boys even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment