Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hardened Hearts

I've had a thought stuck in my head for the past few days. The other day, our Iraqi family was talking to us about Muslims and described them as having "locked minds." It is such an accurate description, and it reminds me of the Bible when people are described as having hardened hearts. Peopl with hardened hearts or locked minds are the most difficult to reach, and I think it applies to so many of us...even Christians can have hardened hearts sometimes. How often do I hear a teaching or truth about God, that I just don't want to hear so I choose to just ignore it? That is evidence of a hardened heart even if it applies to only one part of my life that I am not willing to let God change.
Thinking about this has also made me realize how thankful I am for the freedom that Christ gives us. We are allowed to question and search for the truth...for The Truth will always be found. We do not have to be scared of the unknown or conform to a rigid set of rules to guarantee our salvation. He has more grace than we could ever imagine. True acceptance of His grace makes us want to follow His teachings and reflect His love to the world. The difference is in our motives - do we do things in order to receive His salvation or do we do things because we love Him and want to glorify Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment