Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More?

We just received a letter in the mail informing us that we were awarded a $500 Ministry Education Grant! That means we have now have $4700 out of $5000 for our tuition/housing costs! I had completely forgotten that we had even filled out the application earlier this summer so this came as a big surprise. And once again, it reminded me of God's grace....
I had a rough afternoon. Joel went to the bathroom in his bed again today during his "quiet time" and he broke two of my things today (including my cell phone) totaling around $100 to replace them. When I told him that he broke my things, he said "Let's go buy a new one." I told him we didn't have the money so he pulled out my FPU cash wallet and told me there was some money in there. I had to explain that money was for groceries and not for replacing things he broke. I failed to see the humor in that moment because I was too busy nursing my anger since I had lost my temper with him and had just about had it.
Times like these make me wonder why God has picked us to go to this school. I am rotten to the core. It all comes down to grace. I am not perfect, but I am willing to follow Him and allow Him to change me. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment