Friday, May 15, 2009

Unknown Territory

I feel that God is about to send us into unknown territory. The past few weeks have been full of ups and downs. After Tim's trip to Mexico, God has been opening doors for us to attend the GFM Missionary Training School in the next year or so. The plan is to attend one of the schools in Mexico, Atlanta, or Houston then move to KC, K and open up a school locally. I have had mixed emotions - I am excited about God's plan for our family but I have been confronted with my obsessions for safety, comfort, and yes. . . even materialism. Why now? We have 2 small children and still want to have 2 more. These changes certainly do not fit into "my plans". We were about 90% confident that we were to attend the school in Mexico this coming September when we found out that Tim's mom has a growth on her lymph nodes. To date, we are still awaiting results to find out exactly what it is and the plan for treatment. We can not imagine leaving her or the family right now if a difficult road is ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment